Unit 2 Part 1 (p.14): This is my teacher.
By David Humphries
1. Print out the ten cards (attached) , photocopy so that you have enough for five cards per student, then cut etc. The cards are: country, city, school, teacher, ruler, pencil, eraser, cake, monkey and dog.
2. Deal five cards to each student.
3. Each student must select a card and show it to their partner. Dai, for example, shows a monkey while the Emi shows a ruler. The dialogue goes like this: Dai: This is my monkey. That is your ruler. Emi: This is my ruler. That is your monkey.
4. Then they janken and the winner takes both cards.
5. Depending on how bright your kids are, there are other options. For instance, the city card is Sendai and the country card is Japan. You could ask them to say ‘This is our country.’